A survey done on British travellers has revealed that one third of adults go to bed with their cuddly Teddy bears. The idea for the survey was inspired when hotel staff tried to return leftover Teddies and found out that many belonged to grown ups!
Here are 8 good reasons why who should sleep with a Teddy bear.
1. It is a continuation of an old habitOld habits die hard. For most people sharing their bed with their stuffed toy began in childhood and just went on. Now it has become part of the bedtime routine. It gives consistency to otherwise hectic life. Sleeping with a Teddy bear can even improve sleep.
2. Teddy is a faithful friendYour Teddy bear has shared the ups and downs in your life. It smiles at you no matter what happens in your life. It doesn't judge you or laugh at you.
3. Reminder of happy timesFor most people, childhood has been a joyful experience. A Teddy bear can be a doorway to your childhood, a carefree and happy time. It reminds us the good times we had as kids.
4. The perfect bed partnerA Teddy bear maybe the closest you have to a perfect bed partner. It never snores, take too much space in your bed or punch you during sleep. It will tolerate your own snoring and drooling in bed.
5. It is a common habitAs the British survey revealed, sleeping with a cuddly toy is quite common among adults than previously thought. So it certainly makes you 'normal' to share you bed with a Teddy.
6. Bedtime stress busterToo much stress can prevent you from enjoying a good sleep. Hugging your Teddy bear can give you some relief from stress.
Some people pack up their Teddy bears when their travel. This probably helps them to adjust to different sleeping conditions. It might give them a sense of 'home' to an otherwise 'strange' environment.
7. Travel buddy
8. A Teddy can brighten up your dayHave you seen your face soon after waking up? I can assure you, it won't look cheerful. But a Teddy bear on the other hand will look happy and bubbly at all times. Waking up to a happy face can help you start your day on a happy note.
Do you know someone who sleeps with their Teddy bear? Share this post with them!